Thursday, October 24, 2013

throwback thursday: the day my human brought me home

the day the human brought me home, i was only 10 weeks old.

she wasn't looking for a dog that day, but she always liked visiting animal shelters and reputable pet stores to play with puppies and kittens.



yep, totally irresistible since day one.


it's safe to say that once she saw me, she fell in puppy love.



"i ruv you please never leave me?"
but she didn't take me home that day. no, she had to "sleep on it" before she made such a big decision. but i knew that she was the one for me and that she would come back to take me home.


so i waited. 
and waited. 
and waited.
and waited some more.
and i didn't think she was coming back. 

until she did! it was only 24 hours, but it felt like 24 million years. 

she already had a bed, some toys, and puppy chow for me in the car. she put me in the seat next to her on my new bed, and we drove away.

i had never been in a car before, and i was really nervous. so i started tearing up my new bed. 

this really freaked her out and made her want to turn around to take me back, but she didn't. 

she kept driving, until we arrived at our new home.

when we got there, she gave me a new toy to play with.

i never had a toy to play with before. best. day. ever!
and i was so happy!


i was just a little ball of brown fluff. and teeth. 
that night, i cried and cried and cried.

i was so loud that i kept my human up all night.


i was scared. i didn't know where i was. even though it was better than where i was before, i didn't recognize any of the smells or the sounds. 


my human tried to comfort me, but i kept crying.


so she went to bed and slept with a pillow over her head and wondered what she got herself into. 


and i finally went to sleep.


the next day, she took me to the park. it was the first time i had ever played in the grass in my life.


i was so small, it was like walking through a jungle.
i've never walked through a jungle before, but i think this is what it would be like.
...and i loved it.


what is this stuff? it's delicious!
have you ever seen a puppy experience grass for the first time?

it kinda looks like this.

life was great.

this is the first picture my human ever took of my "happy face" that everyone loves :)


i was finally happy.

i was finally home. 

- rambo




 
Rambo The Puppy © 2013.

Design by Melissa Paniagua