Thursday, August 21, 2014

rambo's big film debut!

i've got some exciting news to share!

are you ready?

ok, i’ll wait.

...hmmm…maybe you should sit down for this.

‘cus this is BIG.

all right, here it is...

I JUST MADE MY BIG FILM DEBUT!

yes, me, lil’ ole’ rambo is now a movie star.

…well, sort of. let me explain.

a few weeks ago, someone from this big company called SHOP.COM contacted my human to ask if i would like to be in a company video. they said that the second they saw my pictures on my facebook page, they knew that i was the pup they’ve been looking for.
you're joking, right?...no?...really?! THIS IS AWESOME!
the human immediately said, “yes!” but i had a few questions before agreeing to take on my first acting gig. would i get paid in bacon? would belly rubs be involved? would they make sure to get my “good side?” these were all very important things i needed answers to before i made my decision.

once the SHOP.COM people said “yes” to all my questions, it was time to start learning my lines.

well, just one line, which was “bark, bark!” i practiced for DAYS. i had to make sure i got it just right.
of course i've been practicing. i just need a break. you know, from practicing so much. and stuff.
then, it was finally time to head to the studio to begin filming!

on the first day, we had a photo shoot. 
hey guys, i'm ready for my close up!
i spent hours and hours posing in front of a big green sheet for the camera. 
giving the camera my biggest, best puppy-dog smile (which kind of hurts your face if you do it for too long).
which, as you can imagine, is a tiring task for a little pup like me. 
if you're not going to photoshop a baconrita into this picture, do you think one of your humans could get one for me at least? i'm parched!
the photographer explained that they shoot in front of a “green screen” so they can edit me into pictures with cool backgrounds.
like this one...
i've never been to mexico before...olé!
...and this one...

oh hello there, happy couple, hope it's cool if i crash your wedding with my friend here.
...and this one.
i literally have no idea what i'm doing in this picture.
but to be honest, all i really cared about was how many more bacon treats i was going to weasel out of the crew before the end of the day.

the next morning, we met to “shoot on location,” which sounded so important and exciting and fancy that i almost couldn’t eat my breakfast. almost.
who, me? nervous? *gulp* um. no, never!
when we arrived, there were all these other actors and crew members there. everyone was really nice, gave me a lot of pats, and told me not to be nervous.
what exactly is that thing you're holding over my head?
...and does it taste like bacon?


i had four different scenes, which meant four different costume changes.

in the first scene, the main actor and i wore matching checkered shirts and fancy bowties.
i've got my serious face on because i'm concentrating on getting my lines right.
i was really nervous, because this was the scene where i had to say my lines.

…but i nailed it after 2 takes! #LikeABoss

then, we had a scene where i had to wear a bathrobe and lounge on the couch.

i’m very good at lounging, so this was a piece of cake.
i think i could get used to this acting thing.
the third scene was out by the pool, which i wasn’t looking forward to (since i don’t like wet that much). 

luckily, all i had to do was sit on the pool deck, wear sunglasses and look suave. easy peasy!

just chillin' like a villain.
...whatever that means.
for the fourth scene, i had to wear these ugly pajamas the human bought me a few years ago and pretend like i was sleeping on the bed. 
the belly rubs are making up for having to wear these humiliating pj's. 
i HATE those pajamas. but pretending like i was asleep wasn’t so bad, so you know, i dealt with it like a champ.

finally, after a long day of filming, they said, “that’s a wrap!” and all i had to do was wait for the video to officially debut.

…which, i found out, was going to happen at one of SHOP.COM’s biggest corporate events, in front of 20,000 people!
look, there i am, on the big screen in front of 20,000 people!
so, would you like to see the video?

here it is! 

psst, fast forward to minutes 00:01:57, 00:03:04, 00:03:50, and 00:04:44 to see me in action!

*if you can't view the video for some reason, click HERE to watch it on youtube! 


next stop, hollywood!
hey, look, that's me! on the tv! i'm FAMOUS!
…hey, a pup can dream, right?

ruv,
rambo

9 comments:

  1. Awwwww, so proud of you Rambo, congratulations <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joanne Princeton KayAugust 21, 2014 at 8:06 PM

    Wow!! How exciting for an adorable pup like yourself. Your human should be very proud of you. Best of luck in all you do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sooooo cute, I bet people watch that commercial just because of YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You deserve to be a movie star because you are adorable and handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing! Smartness boy! I love you Rambo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rambo, you did quite well for your first movie, and were truly a star, but then again to all your face book fans you were already a star. Congratulations you were great!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You were great Rambo. Did anyone notice the kids kept aging but the father never did? What kind of pills is he taking? Time for your solo Rambo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rambo, you look so cute & tiny in that big green chair. You're adorable. CONGRATULATIONS.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is hilarious, love them, you are too good Lost and found

    ReplyDelete

 
Rambo The Puppy © 2013.

Design by Melissa Paniagua