Tuesday, November 19, 2013

visiting the grandhumans

i've had a great time visiting the grandhumans these past few days. 

we went for walks in the woods.

fun places to explore, new things to smell, and bigger squirrels to chase...this is awesome!

i tasted the air. it tasted a lot different than where i live.

i don't know if i'm tasting the air or the crumbs that got stuck on my nose from breakfast today.

we went for walks in the center of town, where i ran around for hours and hours.


so much grass i don't even know what to do with it! 

i did some wiggling around.

smelling like grass and dirt is so much better than puppy dog shampoo.

since it was one of the warmest days they've ever had, we went to panera bread and sat outside for lunch.

i don't even care that i don't get any human food, sitting in the warm sunlight is all i really want. and bacon. i always want bacon.

then we drove around and ran some errands. 

alright, if you can press the gas, i'll do the steering. now, hold on a sec...where's the gear shift?

when we got home, i took a nap in my grandpaw-human's chair.

yaaaaawwwwnnn....i think i'll just shut my eyes for a few minutes.

afterwards, we played hide-n-seek. 

i don't think they'll see me if i stand still enough. 

and when i got bored, i spent some time browsing the books in their library.

these all seem really boring. where's the picture books?

i tried to get the grandhumans to read something to me, but had a hard time deciding on which book.

an atlas of french wines and vineyards? what about something like...a bacon cook book?

i spent some time with my grans in the kitchen.

i'm waiting for crumbs...and for you to bring out that bacon cook book i was asking about.

and waited impatiently for my dinner at the dining room table. 

do you think i could get a booster seat over here?

after dinner, i tried to get my grandhumans to light a fire in the fireplace. too bad it was "unseasonably warm" and a fire would make the house too hot to sleep.

i just want to see how cute i look lounging in front of the fire. 

and even though my grandhumans put my favorite orange blanket on the couch and gave me lots and lots of bacon treats, i still missed my human. 

how many hours until she comes back? how about now?....and now?...

but then i remembered that i only get to see my grandhumans twice a year, so i might as well enjoy myself!

even though the human is gone, i'm having a pretty good time. plus, the grandhumans are sneaking me more treats than normal, so life is pretty great!

my human will be back to pick me up tomorrow. until then, i think i'll just enjoy all my extra treats, belly rubs, and walks in the woods :) 

- rambo

5 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your having a fantastic time. Be safe going home. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you're having a lovely visit, Rambo! Enjoy! I love your pics. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you are having a great mini vacay while your human is away.! As always you are just too cute and adorable!!! Glad to see they are spoiling you, as they should that IS thier job...lol..lol.! See when you are back on FB.... Phineas and Ferb, 2 of your biggest fans...!!! You and Ferb could be twins dude.!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm happy for you Rambo, I wish to have a mini vacation too, you looking great. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rambo, you are very lucky to have such wonderful grand humans, I bet they will be sad when you have to leave. But I know you are missing your human , and she probably misses you too. Enjoy the rest of your mini stay.

    ReplyDelete

 
Rambo The Puppy © 2013.

Design by Melissa Paniagua